Our Centre runs regular classes and special activities aimed at adults, and for 50+ groups. These classes are aimed at giving people opportunities to stay fit and healthy for participants to add their social calendars. Many people use these classes to get out and meet new friends and become more aware of what is happening in their community.
You can choose from:
- Gardening groups which look after our food growing in raised beds and flower bed areas around the centre and in our community. This opportunity is accessible to wheelchair users
- A mums and tots drop in where young mums meet in a safe environment with their babies to chat about parenting over a cup of coffee
- A mid week cooking class where recipes are shared and cooked meals are presented
- 50+ groups which meet during the week to visit Art Galleries and other places of interest and a social club that meets to enjoy entertainment or the odd game of bingo
- Our exercise activities are for all ages, some high impact others gentle and more relaxing
- Line Dancing, very popular growing class
- Learning more about the internet at our computer training in sessions with lap tops and tablets
- Volunteering, assisting with our garden up keep and other tasks as they are available. Some volunteers use these sessions to gain work experience or getting ready for work.
Most of these events are user led and you maybe asked to contribute by way of subscription.
Evening classes are usually private lets. A charge/subscription is requested.
We are currently planning new groups:
- Walking Groups
- Arts and Crafts making times, learning about new hobbies and sharing your own.